To use get2Clouds® you must already have at least one cloud account set up with at least one of the following cloud providers: Google Drive, Dropbox, Telekom Cloud, Microsoft OneDrive, SugarSync, Box.
Main options screen
- Choose your default cloud account by selecting from the list of cloud accounts that you have added.
- Click "Update get2Clouds®" to make sure you have the latest version of the software.
- Check Turn on Automatic Updates if you want the software to be updated automatically.
- To add a new cloud account, see the steps in the next section.
Enter your cloud account information.
- Under the Options tab, click New and enter a profile name for the account.
- Below that, select the cloud provider. Depending on the provider, you may need to enter your cloud account username and password below that.
- If those fields are not editable, then you will be prompted with another window when trying to log in to the cloud account where you will then enter your username and password.
- Below that create an encryption password. This is needed so that your data is encrypted and can only be accessed by you.
- Click Save.
- Repeat the above steps to add other cloud accounts
Sync with your cloud account
- Under the Cloud tab, you will see the icon(s) for the cloud account(s) you have added. Click on the one you want to sync with.
- Click Login or Sync to automatically sync with your cloud account.
- As noted before, you may be prompted with a new window to log in to your cloud account.
- Once logged in, you will see the list of your local files on the left side and the cloud account files on the right side.
- Click Clear Cloud if you wish to remove all the encrypted data from your cloud account.
Moving individual files
- To sync individual files, right-click on the local file and select Copy to Cloud. You can also drag and drop from the local list to the cloud list.
- From the cloud list, you can right-click and either Delete, Rename or Copy to local. You can also drag and drop to copy a file from the cloud to local.
Transfer files to other people
- Click on the Transfers tab and click the File Transfer button.
- Enter your name and email as the sender.
- Enter the recipient name and email.
- Enter a comment that will be included in the email that is sent to the recipient.
- Drag or select the file to be transferred by clicking the Folder button on the right of the entry field.
- Select the cloud provider you want to use to transfer the file.
- Click OK.
- Once the file is uploaded, you may be prompted to allow get2Clouds® to access your mail client. Make sure to allow this action. Once that is done, your mail client will open a new mail window with the comment and necessary links filled in. Enter any additional info, and press Send.
Receiving a file transfer
- When someone sends you a file using get2Clouds®, you will receive the email described above.
- To download the file, make sure get2Clouds® is installed on your computer. If it isn't, follow the link provided in the email to install it and download the file automatically.
- If you already have get2Clouds® installed, you can either double click on the file attachment which will launch get2Clouds® and automatically download the file. Or you can copy the download link provided in the email and paste it into your browser window. This will also automatically launch get2Clouds® and download the file.
Other transfer options
- When transferring or downloading a file, you can click the Pause button on the right at any time to pause the transfer.
- Click the "x" to delete transfer from the list.
- Click the folder icon to open the folder containing the downloaded file.
- Right-click a download and open it directly, open it in its destination folder, or remove it.